Tuesday 23 July 2013

Days 38 - 46 - a little chance to review and reject


Day 38. Thank god I have not gone mad. I follow the purple dolphin with the long yellow hair until it rounds the headline. I scramble up the rocky cliff until I can stand and see the sea but the dolphin is no longer there. I look down to the beach and see a big pile of rocks like a cairn at the other end. I wonder what they are for. I can explore that later, for now I must find my camp.
Day 39. I have looked all over but I cannot find my camp. I can only presume that the others have destroyed it. They will not defeat me. I stumble upon a pile of food and water. It must be theirs. If they can destroy my camp I shall have their provisions. I will not crack up. Toes are like little fingers.
Day 40. I have found the perfect place to build my new camp. I can see 180 degrees across the land and sea and my back is protected by the rocks. I carry all the supplies up and place them into the cave. With one of the larger knives I begin to cut at branches and leaves to build a shelter. The theme tune to the French Robinson Crusoe is playing in my head
Day 41. One of the bags is full of children’s clothes. Although not perfect they are a help in building shade from the sun. Tonight I shall have a proper meal as I think I deserve it. The camp is taking shape. In my head I am imagining building a running water supply with a shower and toilet facilities but for now I am happy just filling the bottle from the stream.
Day 42. A fantastic feast from the can of meat, potatoes, green beans followed by a steam pudding. I waited until the sun was going down and the chill was descending. Everything tasted perfect and I believe I am the luckiest person alive. I will just have to watch that the smoke from the fire does not reveal my location to the others.
Day 43. This morning I tied the empty cans to tree all around my camp. This way if anyone tries to approach I will be warned by there clanging together. This does calm me a bit. The camp is taking shape. In my head I am imagining building a running water supply with a shower and toilet facilities but for now I am happy just filling the bottle from the stream.
Day 44. The others must have come to site and stolen some of my food. They are taunting me by tying the empty cans to trees around my camp. They can only have done this when I was off foraging for bamboo poles or when I am asleep. I cannot give up on the water system but can I stay awake all night to protect my belongings?
Day 45. No one came in the night. Well, no human, but I was visited by a number of creatures. There was something that looked like a fairly sizeable lizard that meandered through. Other things made noises in the bushes but did not frighten me. As dawn came it became clear that a number of birds nest in the trees around me. Their beautiful chorus re-assured me.
Day 46. If those bloody birds make that racket again I swear I will find a way to take out their little voice boxes. Luckily I seem to be coping well without sleep and it is not affecting my mood or ability to do meaningful work. This morning I set about putting all the fallen leaves in colour order. There is no way I can start on the water system until there is order.

No comments:

Post a Comment